Purchasing Agent/Inventory Control - Hayward, CA
An established and thriving company in Hayward, CA is looking for someone exceptional to join our team! We are looking for a hardworking, reliable person to fill the Purchasing Agent/Inventory Control position.
Apply for this position now
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong analytical mindset.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master log; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Checks available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from accounting department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions.
Apply for this position now Find More Opportunities
You can also apply on-line using email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or print and send your application by fax: 510-732-6188.