Warehouse Associate - Hayward, CA
Job Location: 1957 Davis St San Leandro, CA 94577 US
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for the day-to-day shipping, receiving, cycle counts and general warehouse duties in a friendly, safe and efficient manner. Warehouse Associates must have a keen eye for safety and be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices strong ability to implement and execute.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective time management with the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Must successfully complete a background check, drug test and E-Verification.
- Perform daily shipping and receiving duties including the cutting of turf, packaging and labeling.
- Prepare labels for the shipping and receiving of products and inventory.
- Communicate any damage to manager before accepting shipment.
- Examine incoming shipments and compare to purchase orders to verify accuracy of incoming shipments.
- Safely and accurately cut turf for customer orders.
- Participate in planning personnel safety, training, and warehouse protection activities. Ensure safety procedures are followed and make recommendations regarding safety issues.
- Maintain a customer service oriented philosophy in all conduct of self and warehouse staff.
- Perform regular cycle counts to monitor inventory accuracy and create action plans to address all deficiencies found in the cycle count program.
- Interact with customers, suppliers and transport companies to resolve problems with delivery of shipments.
- Understand and follow all company policies including inventory management and safety policies.
- Warehouse experience is preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $15-$ USD
Benefits: Benefits available after 90 days. Competitive pay.
Valid Through: 1/7/20242024-01-07T00:00:00+00:00Find More Opportunities
You can also apply on-line using email: [email protected] or print and send your application by fax: 510-732-6188.
Posted on Feb 3, 2020 2020-02-03T18:14:17+00:00 by Global Syn-Turf, Inc.